Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Mantel

I love Halloween!

Seriously.

I do.

It's like my favorite decorating holiday. For real.

So without further ado, let me present the Halloween mantel!

(cue Monster Mash music)


You know what the best part of all this was? I had everything!
Let's all take a moment to embrace the hoarder inside us.


I left my pallet gate up there (it's very versatile). Hung up on the corner is a witch's hat.
The mantel is draped with a black scarf from an old bridesmaids dress. The black fabric pieces hanging are actually an old slip cut up.


The tombstones (large and small) are styrofoam ones as is the dagger (all from past Halloweens).



Candle holders are from a garage sale, the skulls are plastic and from Dollar Tree (last year) as is the crow and black rose. A sheet of music paper, spanish moss and spider webbing rounds it all off.



I put some battery operated pumpkin lights behind it for an eery glow at night (they have different color settings, I leave them on blue). 

So, there it is, October's Halloween mantel! I really like how it turned out.



Happy Haunting Everyone!


Linking to these fun and fabulous linky parties:


5 comments:

  1. fabulous! i love the witches hat hanging on your pallets. i love halloween (it's my favorite) but this year i am too lazy to decorate for it. at least i've got outside lit up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...I love it!! I love your palette gate, too. I need one of those for my mantel redos. I get sick of my mirrors, but they're so versatile and easy to layer. I'll be on the lookout for a gate!

    Thanks for coming by my blog! I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops. I just realize I spelled pallet wrong. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award because you're so inspiring! Go check out the details at 52mantels.com. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really love your comments and read them all!!

Blog Archive